Zoeken in deze blog

dinsdag 12 januari 2021

Recensie // A crown of Echoes

A crown of Echoes 

Queen Merrin might be the least queenly queen in all the realms. After all, queens don't typically sneak out at night to drink with their guards. When her best friend and neighboring queen, Beau, goes missing, Merrin won't leave rescue to the knights. She sets out from the civilized world and into the wilds to retrieve her lost friend, but with ancient hexes, stolen power, and a mountain of giants' bones, Merrin stumbles into something much greater than a simple rescue mission. Get ready for a swoony whirlwind of dark magic and forbidden romance, as Merrin finds strength in the whispers of the forest and comfort in the arms of a guard with tantalizing abilities.

Characters:
So first of before I start writing this review, can we just wait a moment to take a look at this beautifull cover. I love the vibe it's giving me and it does gave away the vibe of the story it selve. So back to the review, let me start by saying that I absolutely loved the characters in this book. We meet both queens in the beginning of the book, and the difference between them are beautifully discribed. 
Beau is the one that is kind, sweet but mostly very regal. Merrin is the one that is free spirited and is kind of carefree. When Beau reveals a secret to Merrin, that is where the story really begins for me. I loved both of the characters, but Merrin will be my favorite queen. I love the free spirit thing she has going on, but also the way she rules here queendom is very nice. One of my favorite characters will be Windley, as you all know me by now, I do love me some badboy vibes, and Windley is defenitley giving me that vibe. He is snarky and a bit mysterious. And the way he always forget to call Merin queen is just hilarious. So the other two characters that are in the book are Albie and Rafe. Albie is the protected kind for Merin it's almost like a father figure, and I love that but at some points I disagreed on the things he said. Rafe is one you don't get a lot of info of. So he is kind of mysterious, and I liked that. 

The story
The one thing that is very nice in the story is that the world building is amazing. The magic system will reveal itself through out the story, and you start to understand it piece by piece. We only took a glimpse of the word around the characters, it feels like there is much more to it then is revealed in this first book, even Merins queendom seems te have surten potential. So if I take a look at the first part of the book, it was very well writen. You get to know the main characters right in the beginning so you know what to expect from them. I was reading and all of a sudden I was on page 60 so that is a good sign. For the middle part, I think this is very well done. It is never boring and there is action in every corner in the story. The last part killed me, I wanted to read more of Merrin and Winley and find out more of this world, but I guess I have to wait a bit longer for that. 

Writings:
This is the part I liked most. The writing style is just amazing. She adds little pieces of Merrins thoughts through out the pages, and that is what makes the story hilarious. While you are reading the book, you can see the things happening in front of you, and that is what I like the most about a fantasy story. One small piece of critic, is that I like to read form Beau's aspect, while she where holding captive, I think that will make the story much more dynamic. 

Conclusion:
My conclusion is that I loved this book. I love the characters and the writing style. That is why I gave it a 4 star rating. This book will be publiced on 11th of June so you guys have to wait a bit more, but I can tell you, this book is amazing. 

Want to buy the book already? You can if you click here
Curious what others think of the book? You can check the tour schedule here

Some background information on the author:

“Not just another vampire romance.” – Amazon Reviewer

Brindi Quinn is a fantasy/paranormal author from Minnesota specializing in world building and romance. She is an advocate of quirky love and firmly believes that banter makes the heart grow fonder. Since 2011, Quinn has written over a dozen young adult novels beginning with her debut epic fantasy series, Heart of Farellah. Her works often blur the lines between paranormal romance, science fiction and fantasy, and her series have been hailed as addictive, unique reads within the YA genre by reviewers across platforms. Her bestselling series, The Pursuit of Zillow Stone, made it to #12 in the science fiction romance category on Amazon.  Quinn has a bachelor’s in general communication studies and is contracted through Never & Ever Publishing. She considers herself an avid fangirl, indulging heavily in video game lore and good SF TV. Be sure to catch her latest epic fantasy series, A Crown of Echoes.










Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten